SPFL Game Reports
April 1st, 1998 

Defense Force 1 vs Superstar Rangers 0

Defense Force has finally won a game. That is something I guess you thought you would never hear. After droping the first two games  in the SPFL season Defense Force bounced back to beat Rangers on a Sherwin Seifert goal in the 89th minute. The goal was scored when Seifert was lefted unmarked and headed home a free kick from team captain Hudson Charles.

Pt. Fortin CC 4 vs San Juan Jabloteh 1

The surprise of the day went to Point Fortin Civic Center. In there debut season they have come out and swated away one of the top teams in the SPFL. Ivan Sampson came out with purpose in the second half. He scored goals in the 51st and then three minutes later. Schmuel McMillan made the scoreline 3-0 in the 70th minute. Alvin Boisson back from the Charleston Battery in the US, pulled one back for Jabloteh in the 89th minute. Carrington completed the upset in the last minute of play on a penalty.

Calendonia AIA 4 vs Uprising Youths 1

Rodney Dennis, Kerwyn Joseph, Kendall Velox and Irasto Knights ran past Youth defenders on there way to a 4-1 crushing of the winless Uprising Youths. Kenny Merez pulled one back to make the scoreline somewhat respectable.

United Petrotrin 4 vs Carib FC 2

It was a long bus ride to get there and a longer ride coming back. The league new comers got whipped 4-2 down in Fyzabad. National team members Peter Prosper, Sherwyn Jullien and fomer national team member Philbert Jones put on a clinic for the winless Carib squad. Clint Caprietta scored United fourth and final goal.

Joe Public 4 vs Fire Services 0

Joe Public continued there march lead by national striker Arnold Dwarika and the Mexican connection. Dwarika coming off a hatrick in the second round added to his total along with Mexican Juan Colorado and two from Addae Rique. Joe Public is currently tied at the top of the table with Caledonia AIA.

Queens Park 2 vs Falcons 2 (Falcons win on coin toss)

A coin-toss was the way that the referee had to decide the Queens Park-Falcons game. He had to do so when the game was tied 2-2 after regulation time and 4-4 penalties. With fading light and no flood lights at the ground the referee resorted to the coin toss. Falcons pick up one point for the win.

 Back to Domestic Season News